In addition to Patrol, this division includes the K-9 handler and the Traffic Division. The non-sworn component of Field Operations consists of Multi-Service Officers (MSO), Animal Services (ASO), and the Police Explorer Program for youth.
Field Operations personnel work with community members to identify
and resolve problems by:
- Responding to emergency calls.
- Traffic enforcement.
- Conducting preliminary investigations.
- Conducting follow-up for most incidents.
- Community-oriented policing projects.
- Directed patrol.
- Targeted pro-active enforcement.
- Bicycle Patrol.
- Non-emergency calls for service.