Library, Culture, and Arts Commission
The Library, Culture, and Arts Commission (LCAC) is a 7-member, volunteer body appointed by the City Council. The group provides advice, recommendations, and plans, as well as executes programs for a range of community initiatives. Examples of responsibilities and commitments include, but are not limited to
- Advising on the adequacy of library facilities
- Serving as a liaison between the city and the Santa Clara County Library
- Consulting with private community groups supportive of library and arts programs
- Arranging city-sponsored artistic and performance opportunities
- Stimulating community involvement in the arts
- Reviewing and recommending works of art to be acquired by the city or installed on public property.
The commission wants to hear from you about how local authorities can best support local arts.
Visit the Commission's Facebook page for the latest activities.
- Time: 6:00 p.m., check for any updates on most recent schedule
- Date: First Tuesday of every month
- Place: Morgan Hill City Council Chamber
- Open to the public
- Agendas and minutes
- Cindy Blanton - Term expires April 2026
- Emily Borchers - Term expires April 2026
- Poonam Chabra - Term expires April 2024
- Suman Ganapathy - Term expires April 2024
- Katie Khera - Term expires April 2024
- Patrice Lyn - Term expires April 2026
- Amanda Santiago- Term expires April 2024
Visit the Commission's Facebook page for updates on its current projects.
- Open Call for Artists
The City of Morgan Hill, with support from the Library, Culture, and Arts Commission and the Parks and Recreation Commission, is sponsoring a call for artists to submit proposals for the design, fabrication, and installation of public art at the new Galvan Park Restrooms. This project seeks to add create a new mural on the new restroom building located at Galvan Park – 17666 Crest Ave. Call For Artists; the application process closes at 5 p.m. on October 4.
- The Morgan Hill Open Studios (MHOS)
The Morgan Hill Open Studios aims to connect art lovers with local artists from across southern Santa Clara County. The MHOS is a collaboration with LCAC and operates under the fiscal sponsorship of the Morgan Hill Community Foundation.
The event takes place annually in late Fall and is a free to the public who can meet local artists, participate in live art demonstrations, as well as view and purchase artist’s works.
Contact & Event Info: email@example.com | Facebook | Instagram
- Utility Box Art Program
Updated information coming soon.
The event typically occurs in April. Event information about the latest info is available on LCAC's Facebook page.
- Let’s Look at Art Program
Support the "Let’s Look at Art Program" by the San Jose Museum of Art. Volunteers needed.
Policies & Procedures
- Arts and Culture in Morgan Hill (PDF)
- Funding of Community Culture and Arts Projects (PDF)
- Temporary Art Exhibits At City Facilities (PDF)
- City’s Permanent Art Collections (PDF)
- Community Partnerships (PDF)
Commissioners’ Reference Material