What if repairs need to be made?

If the initial inspection fails, all repairs must be completed to obtain a Certificate of Compliance. On the Private Sewer Lateral Inspection Form the Qualified Contractor will note what repairs need to be completed by any licensed plumbing contractor with a City of Morgan Hill business license in order to pass a future inspection. A second inspection will need to take place after the repairs are completed to pass the inspection for the property. If the seller of the property negotiates with the buyer, a Transfer of Responsibility to Repair Form my be completed.

Show All Answers

1. What is a private sanitary sewer collection system?
2. Why is the sewer lateral program necessary?
3. When does the program come into effect?
4. Who is affected by this program?
5. What are the responsibilities of private property owners?
6. What if this delays the sale of the property?
7. What is the estimated cost?
8. What does the inspection consist of?
9. Who is a Qualified Plumbing Contractor?
10. Where do I start?
11. What if repairs need to be made?
12. Does a Qualified Plumbing Contractor have to perform the repairs/replacement?
13. Why do I need a Certificate of Compliance?