Where do I start?

1. Choose a qualified plumbing contractor to perform the inspection. We recommend calling and receiving a few quotes. Qualified plumbing contractor must meet these requirements:

  1. Must be NASSCO certified (search using the following criteria: Under the LOCATION text box, type in "Morgan Hill" and use the drop down menu for the RADIUS box). 
  2. Must be a Licensed Contractor
  3. Must have a City of Morgan Hill Business License

2. Have the qualified plumbing contractor complete the inspection at the property and completely fill out the Private Sewer Lateral Inspection Form.

3. If the inspection passed, email the report to psl.inspections@morganhill.ca.gov and request a personalized Dropbox link to submit the passing CCTV footage.

4. After verification, you will receive a Certificate of Compliance. The certificate is valid for ten (10) years.

5. Keep this certificate for any future real estate transactions and provide to the new property owner upon sale. 

Show All Answers

1. What is a private sanitary sewer collection system?
2. Why is the sewer lateral program necessary?
3. When does the program come into effect?
4. Who is affected by this program?
5. What are the responsibilities of private property owners?
6. What if this delays the sale of the property?
7. What is the estimated cost?
8. What does the inspection consist of?
9. Who is a Qualified Plumbing Contractor?
10. Where do I start?
11. What if repairs need to be made?
12. Does a Qualified Plumbing Contractor have to perform the repairs/replacement?
13. Why do I need a Certificate of Compliance?