Due to the volume of calls/emails received requesting Incident Reports, it is necessary to follow the below procedure in order to avoid delays in obtaining an Incident Report.
- Download the Incident Request Form
- Fill out the form and be sure to include the following in your request:
- date and time of incident
- location of the incident
- any additional pertinent information
- an address or fax number to which the report can be returned
- Send your completed Incident Request Form along with a self addressed stamped envelope to: CAL FIRE Santa Clara Unit, 15670 Monterey Rd. Morgan Hill, CA 95037, attention, "Report Request"
- Once sent please allow up to four to six weeks for your report to be returned. This time frame is variable as all department reports must be completed before anything can be released to the public.
When requesting an Incident Report please keep these points in mind:
- All requests must be submitted in writing and mailed in.
CAL FIRE does not accept any Incident Report requests in person, over the phone, or via email.
- An incident number alone is not enough data with which to find a report. Please include as much information as possible in your report request.
- The requester must be sure to include sufficient postage on the return envelope. Please be aware there may be a significant number of pages for even a small incident.
- The CAL FIRE Prevention Bureau does not handle requests for Patient Care Reports. To request patient care reports please contact our EMS Battalion Chief Jesse Winnen at 408-778-8607.