The Gilroy and Morgan Hill Libraries will have limited space and hours available as cooling centers on Wednesday, May 27 from 1 pm-6 pm and Thursday, May 28 from 1 pm-6 pm.
Cooling Center Details:
- Wednesday, May 27 from 1p-6p
- Thursday, May 28 from 1p-6p
Gilroy Library - 350 W 6th St, Gilroy, CA 95020 Maximum Occupancy: 10 Space/amenities available: Lobby, small meeting room, air conditioning, limited seating, restrooms, drinking fountain
Morgan Hill Library – 660 W Main St, Morgan Hill, CA 95037 Maximum Occupancy: 8 Space/amenities available: Community room, air conditioning, limited seating, restrooms, drinking fountain
The following County Public Health Department social distancing guidelines and library policies will be enforced:
- Do not enter if you have COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, diarrhea, headache, muscle aches, shortness of breath, unexplained loss of taste or smell
- Face covering is required (exception of children 6 years and under or if medically unadvisable)
- Maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from others at all times
- Library behavior policies will be enforced
Please note, no library services will be available. Books and other library materials will NOT be accessible. Do not return library books at this time.
Due to the limited space available, we ask that patrons enter, fill up their water bottles, cool down for 1 hour or less, and then exit to allow others to utilize the facility.
For more information and tips to keep cool visit the County of Santa Clara Emergency Management website