Watsonville-Hordness (Royal Oaks Village)
SD2020-0008/SR2020-0023/UP2021-0001/EA2020-0016: Watsonville - Hordness (Royal Oaks Village)
The project is located at 15440 Monterey Road in Morgan Hill, California, 95037. South of the intersection of Monterey Road and Watsonville Road. Assessor's Parcel Number: 779-04-075
The Royal Oaks Village Project (formerly known as the Crossings at Monterey) consists of approximately 3.7 acres of the overall 7.54-acre Royal Oak Mushroom Farm Parcel. The proposed project would include demolition of the existing on-site structures and redevelopment of the site with 73 multi-family residential units distributed throughout three, three-story buildings.
The proposed project would be an affordable housing project that would include six, one-bedroom units, 38, two-bedroom units, and 29, three-bedroom units for low-income families, With respect to amenities, the proposed project would include a clubhouse, green spaces, a dog park, and a tot-lot. The proposed project would also include widening of and other associated off-site improvements to both Watsonville Road and Monterey Road. The widening would include curb and gutter improvements, new storm drainage infrastructure, and a new sidewalk. Additionally, the off-site improvements to Watsonville Road would include a bike lane, a meandering pathway, medians, and new signing and striping
Project Plans and Specifications
- Project Plans (HTML)
Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration with Appendices
- Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration Public Review Draft(pdf)
- Appendix A: CalEEMod Modeling Results (pdf)
- Appendix B: Biological Evaluation(pdf)
- Appendix C: Investigation of Potential Waters of the US(pdf)
- Appendix D: Arborist Report(pdf)
- Appendix E: Geotechnical Study(pdf)
- Appendix F: Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment(pdf)
- Appendix G: Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment(pdf)
- Appendix H: Preliminary Stormwater Control Plan(pdf)
- Appendix I: Flood Study(pdf)
- Appendix J: Trip Generation and Operations Analysis(pdf)
- Appendix K: Noise Assessment(pdf)
- Appendix L: Vehicle Miles Traveled Assessment(pdf)
Determinations and Compliance Findings for HUD-Assisted Projects
- Environmental Assessment with attachments (pdf)
- Public Notice - Mitigated Finding of No Significant Impact (pdf)
Public Review Period
The scheduled Public Review Period: July 16, 2021, through August 16, 2021.
Comments must be received electronically or postmarked on or before August 16, 2021. During the comment period, written comments may be submitted in the following ways:
- By mail - Attn: Gina Paolini, Development Services, 17575 Peak Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for notifications and updates on the environmental review documents for this project, select the "Notify Me" link below.
- Notify Me (html)
This notice is to advise that the City of Morgan Hill has prepared an Initial Study (IS) to evaluate the environmental impacts of the project identified below, as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). As mandated by State Law, the review period for this document is 30 (thirty) days. Based upon the conclusions set forth in the IS, the City of Morgan Hill proposes to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration.
The Planning Commission will consider the proposed project environmental document at a public hearing tentative Scheduled for August 24.
Planning Commission Hearing
DATE: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Video Conference
Phone: (669) 900-9128 Webinar ID: 862 0324 6251