Morgan Hill residents with urgent, non-emergency questions or concerns are directed to call or text 408-767-6404. This number will be monitored regularly, Monday - Friday, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Messages will be responded to within 24 hours, during weekdays.
March 24, 2021 Update
Santa Clara County has moved to Orange Tier and will align with the State's framework. As a result, many of the industry/activity specific local directives will be adjusted.
Free COVID-19 Testing
Testing is expanding throughout the County and is free and confidential for everyone. Everyone is encouraged to get tested, even those without symptoms. Anyone can be tested regardless of insurance or immigration status. Testing is one of the five key indicators the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department is using to assess whether and to what extent we can move away from the existing shelter-in-place restrictions that have been required to slow the spread of the virus.
For more information on COVID-19 testing or for more testing locations, visit the County Public Health Testing Webpage.
Public Health Department Data Dashboards
The County of Santa Clara Public Health Department now has Coronavirus Data Dashboards. The data dashboards include data regarding cases within the County, hospital data, and testing data.
In response to an earlier County Order, the City of Morgan Hill has closed facilities to the public for non-essential services as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020. The City will continue to provide essential city services, including public safety and utility services. Detailed information relating to City of Morgan Hill services can be found below.
City Services and Operations
The following City facilities/services remain open to the public or continue to operate.
- Centennial Recreation Center: facilities update information
- Parks remain open under the allowance for outdoor activities. Please observe social distancing guidelines
- The Senior Lunch Nutrition Program has transitioned to boxed to-go lunches only until further notice. Participants can pick up lunch anytime between 11:15 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. at the Senior Center.
- Utility Services and Payments - Online, phone, mail or dropbox outside City Hall: 408-779-7221 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Morgan Hill is currently accepting applications via email@example.com while City Hall is closed. Permit Application (PDF) PLEASE NOTE: Non-PDF submittals will not be accepted.
- Please email the Building Division firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, inquiries or applications and a staff member will contact you.
- Encroachment Permits - Email BOTH of the following email addresses to submit your encroachment permit application: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encroachment Inspections: Email BOTH of the following email addresses to schedule an encroachment inspection: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The following City facilities are closed to the public until further notice
- City Council Chamber Building
- Community and Cultural Center
- Corporation Yard
- Morgan Hill City Hall
- Par course fitness equipment on Nob Hill Trail
- Skate Park
- Recology South Valley continues trash/recycling pick up services - please place cans out the night before your service day
- Morgan Hill Unified School District is providing to-go at lunches via drive-through service
- Monday night supper at St. Catherine’s
- Tuesday supper night at Advent Lutheran
- Thursday supper at Community Christian
- Friday supper at Morgan Hill Presbyterian (1st and 3rd Fridays of the month)
- Reach out Food Pantry at St. Catherine’s: Monday - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. for groceries
- Senior lunches to-go at CRC: Monday - Friday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Please see Resources and FAQs for Seniors for more information.
In accordance with Executive Order N-25-20 and guidance from the California Department of Public Health on gatherings, remote public participation is allowed. We will address the Order in the following ways:
Members of the public may not physically attend meetings at this time.
The City Council and Planning Commission meetings will be live-streamed on Channel 17 and on the City’s website. Those members of the public wishing to participate remotely may do so via electronic meetings by either logging into or calling via the electronic meeting invitation available on the agenda.
Public comment for City Council meetings will be accepted via email to email@example.com . Members of the public participating in the electronic meeting wishing to speak may do so during public comment.
Public comment for Planning Commission meetings will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the public participating in the electronic meeting wishing to speak may do so during public comment.