The community can follow updates on the City of Morgan Hill’s website and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Nextdoor.
Morgan Hill residents with urgent, non-emergency questions or concerns are directed to call or text 408.767.6404. This number will be monitored regularly, Monday - Friday, during the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Messages will be responded to within 24 hours, during weekdays.
January 9, 2021
In a statement issued by the California Department of Public Health, the State has extended its Regional Stay at Home Order, which was originally set to expire on January 8, due to the region’s ICU bed capacity remaining below 15%. All current restrictions will remain in place until the Bay Area’s four-week ICU projection shows a capacity of greater than or equal to 15%. The Bay Area’s current ICU capacity is 3%.
In Santa Clara County, the current ICU Bed Capacity, including surge capacity ICU beds, is 6%. With the current surge of COVID-19 cases, deaths and hospitalizations, the County expects to be under the restrictions of this State order for some time. It is more critical than ever to stay at home, wear a mask if you must leave home for essential activities, and keep a distance from those outside your households.
December 6, 2020:
Santa Clara County implemented the State's Regional Stay At Home Order effective 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 6, 2020. This action, in conjunction with the Counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, as well as the City of Berkeley, will help stop the surge of COVID-19 and prevent overwhelming regional Intensive Care Unit(ICU) bed capacity. Lack of ICU capacity means that you and your loved ones may not receive the care you need if you fall seriously ill—with COVID or something else.
The Stay Home Order
- Instructs everyone to stay at home as much as possible to limit the mixing with other households that can lead to COVID-19 spread
- Allows access to (and travel for) critical services
- Allows outdoor activities to preserve physical and mental health
The Order requires the following sectors to close:
- Indoor and outdoor playgrounds
- Indoor recreational facilities
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Personal care services
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums
- Movie theaters
- Bars, breweries, and distilleries
- Family entertainment centers
- Cardrooms and satellite wagering
- Limited services
- Live audience sports
- Amusement parks
Additionally, the following sectors will have additional modifications in addition to 100% masking and physical distancing:
- Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only without any food, drink, or alcohol sales. Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted.
- Retail (including grocery stores): Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Shopping centers: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Hotels and lodging: Allow to open for critical infrastructure support only.
- Restaurants: Allow only for take-out, pick-up, or delivery.
- Offices: Allow remote only except for critical infrastructure sectors where remote working is not possible.
- Places of worship and political expression: Allow outdoor services only.
- Entertainment production including professional sports: NOT ALLOWED IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY
The following sectors are allowed to remain open when a remote option is not possible with appropriate infectious disease preventative measures including 100% masking and physical distancing:
- Critical infrastructure
- Non-urgent medical and dental care
- Childcare and pre-K
Free COVID-19 Testing
Testing is expanding throughout the County and is free and confidential for everyone. Everyone is encouraged to get tested, even those without symptoms. Anyone can be tested regardless of insurance or immigration status. Testing is one of the five key indicators the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department is using to assess whether and to what extent we can move away from the existing shelter-in-place restrictions that have been required to slow the spread of the virus.
For more information on COVID-19 testing or for more testing locations, visit the County Public Health Testing Webpage.
Public Health Department Data Dashboards
The County of Santa Clara Public Health Department now has Coronavirus Data Dashboards. The data dashboards include data regarding cases within the County, hospital data, and testing data.
In response to the County Order, the City of Morgan Hill has closed facilities to the public for non-essential services as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020. The City will continue to provide essential city services, including public safety and utility services. Detailed information relating to City of Morgan Hill services can be found below.
City Services and Operations
The following City facilities/services remain open to the public or continue to operate.
- Centennial Recreation Center outdoors with limited services
- Parks remain open under the allowance for outdoor activities. Please observe social distancing guidelines
- The Senior Lunch Nutrition Program has transitioned to boxed to-go lunches only until further notice. Participants can pick up lunch anytime between 11:15 am and 11:45 am at the Senior Center.
- Utility Services and Payments - Online, phone, mail or dropbox outside City Hall: 408.779.7221 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Morgan Hill is currently accepting applications via email@example.com while City Hall is closed. Permit Application (PDF) PLEASE NOTE: Non-PDF submittals will not be accepted.
- Please email the Building Division firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, inquiries or applications and a staff member will contact you.
- Encroachment Permits - Email BOTH of the following email addresses to submit your encroachment permit application: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encroachment Inspections: Email BOTH of the following email addresses to schedule an encroachment inspection: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The following City facilities are closed to the public until further notice
- City Council Chamber Building
- Community and Cultural Center
- Corporation Yard
- Morgan Hill City Hall
- Par course fitness equipment on Nob Hill Trail
- Skate Park
- Recology South Valley continues trash/recycling pick up services - please place cans out the night before your service day
- Morgan Hill Unified School District is providing to-go at lunches via drive-through service
- Monday night supper at St. Catherine’s
- Tuesday supper night at Advent Lutheran
- Thursday supper at Community Christian
- Friday supper at Morgan Hill Presbyterian (1st and 3rd Fridays of the month)
- Reach out Food Pantry at St. Catherine’s: Monday - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. for groceries
- Senior lunches to-go at CRC: Monday - Friday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Please see Resources and FAQs for Seniors for more information.
In accordance with Executive Order N-25-20 and guidance from the California Department of Public Health on gatherings, remote public participation is allowed. We will address the Order in the following ways:
Members of the public may not physically attend meetings at this time.
The City Council and Planning Commission meetings will be live-streamed on Channel 17 and on the City’s website. Those members of the public wishing to participate remotely may do so via electronic meetings by either logging into or calling via the electronic meeting invitation available on the agenda.
Public comment for City Council meetings will be accepted via email to email@example.com . Members of the public participating in the electronic meeting wishing to speak may do so during public comment.
Public comment for Planning Commission meetings will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the public participating in the electronic meeting wishing to speak may do so during public comment.