November 8, 2016 General Municipal Election Qualified Candidates and City Measure
The nomination period for Mayor, two (2) City Council Members, City Clerk and City Treasurer is closed. Please see the list below of qualified candidates, their associated ballot designations, and contact information.
- Kirk R. Bertolet: Electrician (408) 426-6893; email@example.com
- Joseph Carrillo: Production Company Owner (408) 881-3231; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Tate: Mayor of Morgan Hill 408) 621-7377; email@example.com
- Mario Banuelos: Retired (408) 607-5929; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armando Benavides: Attorney (408) 829-4798; email@example.com
- Larry Carr: Councilmember/Nonprofit Executive (408) 779-9622 (home); (408) 307-2728 (cell); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marilyn Librers: Incumbent (408) 892-3883; email@example.com
- Rene Spring: Program Management Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irma Torrez, City Clerk (408) 776-7380; email@example.com
- David Clink, Realtor/Business Owner (408) 710-5143; firstname.lastname@example.org
Also on the November 8, 2016 Ballot is Measure “S” as follows:
Shall a measure be adopted to amend the Morgan Hill General Plan and Municipal Code to update the City’s voter-approved Residential Development Control System (RDCS) to extend it to 2035, establish a population ceiling of 58,200, with a slower rate of growth than currently exists, and improve policies to maintain neighborhood character, encourage more efficient land use, conserve water, and preserve open space?
City Council Resolution No. 16-129 relating to Measure S can be found here.
For additional information on Measure S, please contact Senior Planner John Baty at (408) 310-4635 or email@example.com.
KEY ELECTION DATES TO KEEP IN MIND
September 12 through October 25, 2016:
Time frame for write-in candidates to obtain and file nomination documents with the City Clerk’s Office. Please contact Irma Torrez, City Clerk, at (408) 776-7380 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
October 11, 2016:
First day for mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots by the Santa Clara County – Registrar of Voters Office.
October 24, 2016:
Last day to register to vote for the November 8, 2016 Election.
November 1, 2016:
Last day to request Vote by Mail Ballot to be mailed to you by the Registrar of Voters Office (408) 299-8640) or the following website link https://www.sccgov.org/sites/rov/VBM/Pages/RequestMail.aspx
November 8, 2016: